Friday, May 06, 2005

(R) April 28, 2005 - Krishen Jit

Krishen Jit returned to the Lord on April 28, 2005.

When I arrived at Changi enroute to KL, I received a flood of messages informing me of his death. I was stunned and felt deeply saddened. What a lost! Already Malaysia is so short of talent and intellectuals. I knew of his heart failure and that he was in and out of the hospital. But I was betting on him to pull through. A man of great spirit. Of course he'd make it, I reasoned.

****

My first encounter with Krishen was 2 years ago. I do not know him personally but have spoken to him once during a Q&A session in a dance seminar. (Refer to article "October 2, 2003 - Diversity in Motion")

When he declared that "Dance writing in Malaysia is deplorable!", I challenged myself to improve my writing. Now, 2 years and many, many articles later, I had hope he would say, "There is a small glimmer of hope at last!".

****

Learn. Learn from those who has so much to offer as soon as you can.






No comments: